The goals of Madina Town Movement are to strategise and implement sustainable urban environments, healthy lifestyles and ethical business practices for communities in accordance with the model of Madina al-Munawara, the city of the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. It is through firm relations and connections with communities, leaders, experts, students, families, organisations and institutions that we will build goodwill in the community to stimulate interest and enhance involvement.
In order to meet the goals of this community, it’s important for members to feel like they are in a safe place that is populated by people with shared interests. As such, we request that you read and adhere to the guidelines that follow.
- Treat others online as you would treat them in real life
- Be tolerant towards other’s viewpoints; respectfully disagree when opinions do not align
- Respect the privacy and personal information of other community members
- Communicate with courtesy and respect
- Please do not:
- Make personal attacks on other community members
- Use defamatory remarks or make false statements against others
- Post prejudiced comments or profanity
- Bully or make inflammatory remarks to other community members
- Use messaging/email responsibly. These tools are intended to keep members in touch with one another, to help facilitate networking and to promote common interests. Some examples might include:
- Inviting local area community members to a networking event
- Helping to coordinate an event or activity
- Reaching out to individual members for advice, to reconnect or to join a group
- Messaging/email and use of personal contact information made available through our network directory and website —including names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts, student information, employment information for any commercial, advocacy, promotional, or political purpose is prohibited. Prohibited activities include solicitations for business or personal services, fundraising, cold-calling of any kind, mass-mailings, or broadcast e-mails.
We will take action when we see someone violating these guidelines. Sometimes that just means giving someone a warning; other times it means revoking certain privileges or access entirely. We request that all community members report behaviour that violates our guidelines to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By browsing our website and being in contact with us, you are considered to be in agreement with the terms and conditions listed above.